Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Ilia Stone

The Ilia Stone by R.J. Loom


I was given The Ilia Stone ARC by R.J Loom and I could not be more proud that I was. The book will officially be released next Tuesday (September 16th) and I will link the two places you can preorder it at the bottom of the page. (You can even get an autographed copy. I don't care if I got an ARC or not, that's where my money is going.)



Synopsis:


Nia Williams could never have imagined the way her ordinary life would be turned upside down after the death of her grandfather. A chance find unwittingly has her discovering the truth of an ancient Greek myth, plunging her into a world where the legends she only read about in her history books become her reality. 

Plagued with a strange link to others’ past, she follows the path of an ancient artifact around the world and throughout time as it reveals its story to guide her to contain powers once thought lost to the rise of modern religion. 

Two men affected by the artifact vie for her allegiance; Gabriel, a man haunted by his own past, and smooth talking Viktor who wants Nia to embrace a life she never imagined. 

A love sacrificed… An impossible decision…

As lines blur between right and wrong, how much will Nia be willing to sacrifice?
(Source: Goodreads)

Personal Opinion:

Whoa.

After reading the synopsis I was on board for doing a review of this book, there was no hesitation at all when I sent my reply of, "Yes! I'd love to read and review your book." 
As all readers do when approaching a first book I did so without getting my hopes up. So naturally I'm sure you can imagine my surprise and elation when I was struck with the realization of, "Oh my god, this is amazing!" I wanted to savor this book the way I often do with chocolate, I wanted it all at once, but I wanted to make it last as well. I even had to walk away and find something else to do yesterday because I was nearing the end and I just was not ready. I want this book on my bookshelf next to my other books  that I love so much and I want to reward myself after a hard day by picking it up again and snuggling in with a blanket and a cup of cocoa and relive it again and again. (I could totally put a spoiler here but I will not.)

Alright, you get it, I loved the book but here's why. 

The characters are amazing. Nia Williams is an amazing heroine. She is strong, cautious and will not take your shit, which makes her trials and character development all the more heartbreaking and tragic. 

Gabriel Rossi is one of those characters that you love instantly and you just want to hug and kiss forever, but then you get to see a hint of the rest of him and suddenly rather than him being this gorgeous and shy guy, he's this mysterious, still gorgeous and now dangerous guy, which is a huge perk for me because... Well, I don't have an exact reason as to why that makes a man hot, it just does.

The villain is a guy you will love to hate. He grates on me like nails on a chalkboard and gives me the heebie jeebies whenever he is on a page.

On to why I loved the story. It's always amazing when you can tell that an author did their research on their chosen topic. It's even more fun when they introduce elements of myths when you've done your own and know what they're giving you before they've even told you because their descriptions are that wonderful. 
I also enjoyed the flow of the story, we get as swept up as Nia does and there is no better feeling when reading than to feel like you're on the journey, too.
I can't say all I'd like to without spoilers, and since the book hasn't debuted yet I will stop myself before I can't help but drop them.

Favorite Quotes:
He grinned which only made his dimple more prominent. "I'm sorry you weren't looking where you were going and ran in to me." 

Somehow, in desperation, an agonizing cry tore from her throat as tears began to stream down her face. "Gabriel!" It was a plea for him to change his mind.

"But that's exactly what you did." He couldn't dispute it and she didn't expect him to. 



Overall Rating: 

10/10
I highly recommend this book, guys, so grab your copies by clicking the links below and even by making a request for it at your local libraries! 

Amazon (Ebook)
Dead Bound Publishing ( Autographed Print! )

2 comments:

  1. The book will also be available soon in print online from most major book retailers (Barnes & Noble, Booksamillion etc.). Ebooks will also be available on iBooks, Kobo and Nook on release day. Thank you so much for taking a chance on my debut novel! I'm so glad you liked it! All smiles here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I know I'm very excited to get my print copy =]

      Delete