Friday, August 1, 2014

Writing Prompt

Writing Prompt Bootcamp, Day #1

“Dear Writer's Block, It's not you, it's me...” 







Dear Writer's Block,

It's not you, it's me. I get distracted easily and sometimes it's hard for me to focus. I get restless when I run in to plotting problems and then I can't focus properly. I need to realize that I do my best writing when I am tired and stop being too lazy to get up and write my ideas down when I have them. I need to look around me more often and take in the details of everything I see and describe them in my own words as I think them. I often blame you, but it's not your fault at all. I just need to work harder to get where I want to be. I need to learn the proper time to ignore my texts and social networks and focus on my task at hand if I ever want to get over you. It starts now. I will open my eyes and look around me and think of how I would put everything in to words because words are my passion. They are the things that I love and I refuse to blame, or let you stand between them and I anymore. I will write no matter what I have to write, even if it's as simple and silly as describing my house or the things in it. I will work on the way I express details and I will work on making sure I describe what my characters look like. I will plan more and allow myself to daydream with a pen in my hand. Perhaps if I allow myself to doodle while I day dream I might be able to also hone my artistic vision again, that would certainly help in more than one aspect of my writing. Again, Writer's Block, it's not you, it was never you. I was lazy, but no more.


Sincerely,
Jessi


No comments:

Post a Comment